Re: No TNSListener on 9i

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2003 15:15:33 -0700

rdemaria <member35217_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3212664.1060263429_at_dbforums.com>...
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Oracle... so go easy on me.
>
> I had Oracle 8i running on my Dell Laptop running XP... last night I
> uninstalled it, deleted all references to it and then installed 9i
> Standard Edition.
>
> I noticed this morning that all the old SID services were still around,
> which I took care of using the oradim command.
>
> I also noticed I have the old oracleorahome81tnslistener service still
> hanging around... and I DO NOT have a new tnslistener for 9i.
>
> Can someone help me with this? Why did this happen and how can I
> correct it.

rem create new listener service and put a password on it

C:> lsnrctl
LSNRCTL> start listener

LSNRCTL> status

LSNRCTL> change_password
old password: (hit <enter>)
new password: (enter new password)
confirm password: (enter new password)

LSNRCTL> set password <enter>
password: (enter new password)
LSNRCTL> save_config
LSNRCTL> quit

rem backup registry prior to removing old listener service C:\> regedit

Registry > Export Registry File > <enter path> specify "export range" of "All".
click "Save".

rem remove old listener service
C:\> regedt32

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
highlight the service "OracleServiceOraHome81TNSListener" hit "Delete".
click "Ok".

you're done.

removal of the oracle server software does not remove databases or services.
there are metalink docs that cover removal of oracle server software, databases and services.

Pd Received on Thu Aug 07 2003 - 17:15:33 CDT