DBMS_JOB and DBMS_OUTPUT question

From: Mike <michaelloll_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2003 08:21:33 -0700

I have a stored procedure which will run every day via a job created using the dbms_job package. Within the procedure, I have various dbms_output statements meant to print out various little messages incase the procedure is run by someone from sql*plus or whatever.

Will this affect how the procedure is run via the scheduled job? It won't produce an error? My thinking is that it will just ignore the dbms_output stuff since there is no one to output it to.

I am a complete newbie to oracle, so any advice is appreciated.

Mike Received on Thu Aug 07 2003 - 10:21:33 CDT