Re: no tnsnames.ora

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:16:03 +0200

"SPIDERMAN" <consultant2b_at_hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:pQoYa.148102$R92.84164_at_news2.central.cox.net...
> Hi gurus,
>
> I installed Oracle 9i database 9.2.0.1.0 on WindowXP Prof, but found no
> tnsnames.ora in oracle_home/network/admin. I reinstalled and same thing
> happened. lsnrctl status shows

you didn't creae a db.
If this is your first experience with oracle you should not do a software installation only. Specify a general purpose database where you can and install again. You might want to give AL32UTF8 and UTF8 as the database fonts later.
I also created my first two databases that way. Then I switched to creating the scripts only, fixing the scripts and creating a db from them and my last two db's were duplicates created with rman. I found this to be the fastest way.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Thu Aug 07 2003 - 06:16:03 CDT