Re: Regarding database instance creation via the scripts generated by dbassist

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 23:10:27 +0200

Subrahmanyam Arya <avsrk_at_mailcity.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 25c1993e.0308061124.1b624972_at_posting.google.com...
| Dear oracle gurus,
|
| We are productizing our application that bundles oracle software
| (oracle 8.1.7 standard and target platform sun sparc ) and instance in
| its installation package. To acheive this, i used dbassist to create a
| db instance. Instead of dbassist actaully creating the instance, i
| save instance creation as scripts so that i could invoke from my
| installer.
| I want my product/oracle software/databse instance every thing in one
| CD-ROM. I cannot be using the default sizes in the SIZE clause for
| various tablespaces.
|
| Question is ? How much low/minimum value can i specify in the SIZE
| clause for various tablespaces ( tools,rollback,temp,user,index). Is
| there any consequence of doing so like this.
|
| After the product/oracle/database is installed, i would then like to
| do ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATA FILE to each one of them and increase the
| size.
|
| -Any suggestions regarding this would be appreciated
| -thx,
| avsrk

The scripts created by dbassist can be a good basis for create database scripts.
I think customers will only accept your product if they are flexibel in choosing database name, directory names where the datafiles are created, sizing (some customers are large, others small, some have much more data in a certain functional area then others) etc. And: don't add a second datafile to a tablespace. Alter the size of the first datafile of a tablespace until it is on a maximum size that you have choosen. Received on Wed Aug 06 2003 - 16:10:27 CDT