HOT Backups - Online Backups

From: Hari Om <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2003 13:29:59 -0700

I was reading a book on Oracle Backup and Recovery. As per the book, to perform HOT BACKUP we use folloeing steps: 1)SQL>alter tablespace ts1 begin backup;

2)Copy all the datafiles that a part of ts1 tblspc. SQL>host cp /u10/appl/oracle/oradata/d.dbf u10/appl/oracle/backup

3)SQL>alter tablespace ts1 end backup;

4)SQL>alter database backup controlfile to /u10/appl/oracle/back/control;

This shows it is only BACKING UP DATA and CONTROL files. Then WHAT ABOUT THE REDO LOG FILES? Do we NOT need to back those up as well?

Correct me if I am wrong. Any related informatino on this is appreciated.

Thanks! Received on Wed Aug 06 2003 - 15:29:59 CDT