Re: Archive Log continuity

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:47:47 +0200

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 16:01:10 +0100, "R.B" <rich.bevan_at_bt.com> wrote:

>Shutting down the database does appear to perform an archivelog switch but I
>assume it checkpoints the database so that the save represents the
>'complete' database save at that point in time

It doesn't. Startup causes a log file switch. Also any change is written to the redolog first. Whether the your change is an online redolog or an archived redolog doesn't matter.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Aug 06 2003 - 13:47:47 CDT