Oracle 8.1.6.0 Install Problems

From: Dave <JustShutUp_at_azwhole.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:28:53 -0400

Hello Group,

I run into the following problem when installing Oracle v. 8.1.6 onto an IBM XSeries 345 server with a Xeon processor.

I created a CD sans the symcjit.dll file which allows me to run the installation. However, when the installation completes, the Database Configuration Assistant does not install correctly and even though the sample database was supposedly created, I cannot connect to it. The rest of the installation works just fine.

Are there any known issues with this and is there a solution for this problem?

Dave Received on Wed Aug 06 2003 - 10:28:53 CDT