Re: MySQL 4

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 6 Aug 2003 07:09:45 -0700

norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com (NorwoodThree) wrote in message news:<ba03e2c.0308052222.234905d_at_posting.google.com>...
> Still no support for:
>
> Foreign keys
> triggers
> procedures
>
> Yup. This is an Oracle killer all right. Yawn.

Yes, but I think all three are under development.

I like Oracle much better, but we are looking at both DB2 and mySQL as replacements for SQLserver. There is an enterprise edition of mySQL under development so I would not just dismiss the product. It poses a potential market threat to Oracle, DB2, and SQLserver. If nothing else the product might help hold back the price of the major DB products, which would not be such a bad thing for the user base and those of us who make our living supporting them.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 06 2003 - 09:09:45 CDT