Re: Multiple tablepaces

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:55:09 -0700

Carl wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am an Oracle newbie and I am trying to teach myself by doing some
>exercises. For this one project I am supposed to create three table
>spaces that contains:
>
>1) Tables, views and procedures.
>3) Sequences
>
>How would I go about to do this and what is actually the primary
>advantages not putting everything in the same tablespace?
>
>Very grateful for some hints,
>
>/Carl

Whoever asked yout do do this knows close to zero about Oracle. If you are paying for a class ... get your money back. If this is from a book ... get another book.

Procedures, views, and sequences are always stored in the SYSTEM tablespace and there is nothing you can do to change it.

To build tables and indexes in separate tablespaces (where is Howard Rogers when we need him?) build two tablespaces, as SYSTEM grant space in them to the user and then create the objects using the TABLESPACE clause ... something you should ALWAYS do.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu