SQL*PLUS - SET AUTOTRACE ON problems

From: Randy Nichols <randynichols_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 18:34:51 GMT

As an inexperienced Oracle user, I am struggling with basic oracle problems. In trying to diagnose the problems, I run into more problems.

Here I am trying to enable the SQL*PLUS autotrace in hopes of getting some information on my Advanced Queueing setup problems. But I cannot even get the autotrace working.

I logged in as SYSTEM as SYSDBA and created the plustrace role. Then I get the following:

SQL> grant plustrace to system;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> @e:\oracle9i\RDBMS/ADMIN/UTLXPLAN.SQL

Table created.

SQL> set autotrace on
ERROR:
ORA-24315: illegal attribute type

SP2-0619: Error while connecting
SP2-0611: Error enabling STATISTICS report

Can anyone shed some light on what is wrong here?

Thanks,

Randy Nichols Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 13:34:51 CDT