Access to remote file shares via Apache nad Oracle App Server

From: Neil Hodgkinson <neilh_at_dr.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2003 10:02:24 -0700

Help please.

I have apache web server from Oracle 9i application server. I am trying to add an alias which will access files on a remote file server.
The Oracle HTTPSService (Apache Server Service) is running as a domain memebr account which has read access to the remote location.

I have added an alias thus

Alias "/htmdocs/" "\\servername\sharename\directory\"

<Directory "\\servername\sharename\directory\">

        Options MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all

</Directory>

However when i try to access a file in the folder I get this error

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /htmdocs/default.htm on this server.
Oracle HTTP Server Powered by Apache/1.3.19 Server at servername Port 80

But I can browse the filesystem on the server using the identity provided.

Any advice will be very much appreciated. Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 12:02:24 CDT