Re: Can SQL *Loader parse data from a CLOB source rather than a file?

From: swz <stan.zieg_at_sciatl.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2003 04:02:06 -0700

Brian,

Thanks for the information.

I can and have used PL/SQL to do similar parsing, but I have observed the parsing process to be slower than SQL*Loader, and these will be fairly large files. I figured SQL*Loader was probably optimized better than I could achieve by hand crafting my own code. Besides, I'd rather maintain and support just the SQL*Loader definitions rather than a chunk of PL/SQL code. But - given that SQL*Loader can't get the data from the file system, I don't have any choice!

Thanks,

Stan