analyzing slow connections

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 16:05:43 -0500

Platform: Oracle 8.1.7.1 on AIX.

I've been given a head's-up that a project is being put together to figure out why an app is experiencing delays in connecting/starting up. Mostly will be looking at application code and tracing network issues (this being done by the network and server admins) but there will be some attention to Oracle itself. Notice that once the app is up and started they seem to be happy -- it's just statup/connect delays that are of concern. With that in mind, what should I be looking at, and what should I be prepared for? Received on Mon Aug 04 2003 - 16:05:43 CDT