Re: Oracle Intelligent agent doesn t start after I change domain

From: quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 06:01:43 +1000

On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:29:22 +0200, Sebastien COUPPEY <sebastien_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an Oracle 8i server, which is running on win2K. The server was
> first in the workgroup "Domain".
>
> So as to use AD, I put the computer in one of our domain. Since I did
> that
> the Oracle Intelligent Service doesn t want to start with the error 15.
>
> The only solution I found was to delete the *.q files in
> oracle_home/network and the service.ora file.
> But the post says, we have to do that when we change the hostname.
>
> However, I didn t change my computer name.
>
> Do you think the solution will work ?
>
> thanks

Sure you changed the computer name.

Go to Control Panel - System. Click the Network Identification tab. Guess what the first piece of information on the resulting screen says?

Oh, alright... it says "Full Computer Name". Then it says "Domain". On my machine, 'Full Computer Name' reads "w2k.aleph.com", whilst 'Domain' reads 'aleph.com'. Guess what that means.... that the domain name is part of the full computer name.

Therefore, by changing the domain, you've changed the computer name.

Which means that deleting the .q and services.ora file is exactly what you should do (they get re-created every time the agent re-starts if they're not there anyway, so it isn't going to hurt trying.

~QM Received on Mon Aug 04 2003 - 15:01:43 CDT