Re: "Replication" of LONG RAW

From: saustin99 <member34940_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:35:55 +0000

Hi Lucy,

            Well golly gee if I haven't been working on this same fun
            task (converting a long raw to a blob) for the purpose of
            replication the past few weeks. Here is what we have
            working. Have a LINUX and W2k Oracle 8.1.7 systems
            replicating.
            Basically the original logic went something like this.
            Create a duplicate table of the raw table and change the raw
            field to a blob. Replicate the blob table to the W2k server
            and then write a trigger on the blob table to convert it
            back to a raw. Well it's working but it is SLOW !
            This week am looking at just hardcoding a pl/sql copy
            trigger so will let you know how that turns out.
             If you have been successful in accomplishing this would
             really love to know about it.
              Best Regards, Steve.

Mis Department
Helicopter Support Inc