Re: ORA_01001: invalid cursor Error on a CLONE Database

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:37:03 GMT

> Thanks for the suggestion it 'sort of' helps.
>
> I added a file to the temporary tablespace and am now getting error:
> ORA-01552: cannot use system rollback segment for non-system tablespace
> 'TEMPX'
You've managed to fix one problem and stumbled on to another. This is the way that it goes sometimes.

The above error is given because you were using the system rollback segment and you can't use this one for this particular operation. You need to use a non-system rollback segment. If you are using a system rollback segment, then it is highly likely that you don't have any non-system rollback segments online and available, so the database used the only one it had. So make sure that you have non-system rollback segments online and ready for use.

> Any other suggestions? It appears to me that the 'unbreakable database' is
> broken.

This assumes that you have a "database". You've had problems with the TEMP tablespace missing tempfiles and now you are having problems with no rollback segments. It doesn't sound like your database was set up too well. I'm afraid that it is too easy to break something that is not even finished yet!!! LOL.... ;)

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com