Re: is it possible to see who dropped a DB link or would 9i do it on its own due to bug?

From: quarkman <quarkman_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:47:02 +1000

On 3 Aug 2003 16:09:37 -0500, hourman <sdfdfwetudfyt_at_7fdfster.com> wrote:

> using Oracle 9i R2. on sun unix sun server.
>

> On our produciton system someone dropped a databse link over the weekend.
> At least that is what we suspect
>
> On saturday at 9 am it was there (process that uses it ran ok) at 2 pm
> it was gone (same process failed when we checked db link was not there,
> once we created it again it worked)
>
> so options are:
>
> 1 Someone logged in with an account able to drop it and did so
>
> 2 Oracle 9i drops DB links without user intervenation, but leaves
> everything else fine.
>
> if option 1 is it possible to find out. We looked at all objects table
> but did not see links there. is there any otehr place that would have
> logged that info?

Since you're running 9.2, then be aware that all DDL commands will be recorded in the redo logs, and can be accessed via Logminer with a select for where OPERATION=DDL. The drop command will be shown in the SQL_REDO column, and will be in plain text (hence you could also search for where SQL_REDO like '%name_of_link%'.

~QM Received on Mon Aug 04 2003 - 06:47:02 CDT