Re: PL/SQL Collections

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2003 12:31:37 -0700

paul_at_paulrowe.com (Paul Rowe) wrote in message news:<bbd01c1e.0308011156.6deb5d9d_at_posting.google.com>...
> I have questions regarding PL/SQL Collections:
>
> 1. Is there an easy way to concatenate two like-typed collections
> together? I have to use a FOR LOOP which may not be efficient.
>
> 2. Is there an anyway to put a collection into an IN clause? For
> instance, if I have a collection of varchar2 objects, and I want to
> execute a query like SELECT * from aTable where identifier IN
> <collection> Is there an efficient way to do this?
>
> sincerely,
>
> paul_at_paulrowe.com

  1. I don't think so. For individual collection you can BULK COLLECT into it. But AFAIK, there is no easy way to append one collection to another.
  2. This is easier. You can find examples here:

http://www.jusungyang.com/ORACLEfolder/PLSQL.html

The first link on the page has an example, for instance...