Re: arch full, move files, but wont archive these files

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 13:58:14 +0200

yls177 <yls177_at_hotmail.com> schreef in berichtnieuws c06e4d68.0308030327.18ab7d14_at_posting.google.com...
| when arch is full, and we moved some files out of arch.. and then back
| to arch again. the moved files to arch will not be archievd this time
| since their log sequence number is lower than the archSID.log?

Don't understand you completely, but let's explain a bit. When the database runs in archive log mode a redolog gets archived when it is full and switched. Check V$LOG en v$LOGFILE to see what redolog files exits and what there status is.
When it can't be archived (like disk full) the archiver process keeps trying it. Eventually your database freezes because an unarchived redolog can't be rused.
What you do with the archives is beyond control of the Oracle database. The database is not aware if it in any way.
The only thing that matters is tha it's your task not to loose them and to have them available when the database needs them in case of recovery. What is the archSID.log? Info about redologswitches and archiving can be found in the alertSID.log. Received on Sun Aug 03 2003 - 06:58:14 CDT