Disabling Shared Server

From: Robert Brown <robertbrown1971_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Aug 2003 16:04:05 -0700

I need to change Oracle 9i (installed by the DBA before me) from shared server (MTS) configuration to the dedicated server configuration. I am new to oracle 9i and there is no more init.ora file and I am not sure which parameter "throws the switch". I read the 9i Admin Guide quite carefully on this subject (chapter on managing oracle processes) and was not able to find the answer. It describes all the different parameters for the shared server configuration and monitoring but does not mention how you turn MTS mode on and off. Can some one please let me know what the paramer name is or point me to the right chapter?