Field processing during table load?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 2 Aug 2003 11:31:24 -0700

One of the fields of my fixed-length record table has a maximum of 20 characters. The actual size, however is much shorter, with all the extra characters padded with blank spaces.

I could write some procedure which will trim out all those extra spaces (from left & right) and just leave the actual data, but I would definitely prefer to get rid of those characters at SQL*LOADER time.

So, the geneal question is: how can I perform pre-processing, formatting, etc. BEFORE the fields are loaded?

TIA, -Ramon F. Herrera Received on Sat Aug 02 2003 - 13:31:24 CDT