Q:Where to start jobs?

From: Marc Eggenberger <nw1_at_devnull.ch>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 16:40:05 +0200

Hi there.

We have several Oracle servers running different versions .. from 8.0.6.0.0 to 8.1.7.0.0 and soon 9R2
We have serveral jobs (imports, exports, analyze etc etc etc)

Until now those jobs are executed via the systems cron (cron under unix, scheduled tasks / at under windows). We have 2 clusters (OPS) and there every node has the job in his cron but only the active clusters has the cluster group available and can execute it .. the other just fails to do so.

It works like that. I would like to have your opinions on this .. where do you execute such jobs ..

via the systems cron?
via the dbms_job?
or is a OEM with jobs the better soluion? (We have an OEM running here)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me

--
mfg
Marc Eggenberger