Re: How widespread is the use of triggers these days and how concerned about performance?....

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:19:37 +1000

"Nari Kannan" <nkannan_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:59a2b424.0308011753.5fd08e1e_at_posting.google.com...

> Am I just dreaming or that triggers are being increasingly used?

I think it's rather the case that applications are more sophisticated nowadays and require more "intelligence" in the data management layer. Triggers are just one of the many ways of achieving that. And in modern databases, the issues of performance have been more or less addressed. Within reason, of course.

Please do not x-post so widely. Last reply to this thread in this form.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto