Re: How to programatically/dynamically update tnsnames.ora

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:29:20 +0200

On 1 Aug 2003 12:54:23 GMT, Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net> wrote:

>Problem with this solution is he wants to make changes "dynamically", and
>that only to dblinks. LDAP and ONAMES will provide automatic links but
>must be administered outside of the database and those services must be
>configured in advance before you can use them as a dblink.

So what's the problem about that? His 'I don't want to administer the database and sqlnet configuration' shows he is up to creating a mess. Probably he is already in it. Time to learn to do things properly

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 10:29:20 CDT