Re: Howto do undo a default clause?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:38:57 +0300

> > Btw, you could make a separate user for generating the script and create
> > your own view all_tab_columns there which uses decode (and custom
functions
> > to handle LONG datatype) to eliminate "null" strings. Then you'r local
view
> > will "override" the public synonym on DD view..
>
> So much for use of LONG being deprecated, eh? ;)

Yeah, for example from 9.2 App developers guide I read: a.. A table with LONG columns cannot be stored in a tablespace with automatic segment-space management.

But the reality is:

SQL> select extent_management, segment_space_management from dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name = 'USERS';

EXTENT_MAN SEGMEN
LOCAL AUTO SQL> create table g (a long) tablespace users;

Table created.

I bet there are still many developers & designers who are keen to use LONGs in their design.. since they don't have a clue about LOBs with their ancient skills and unwillingess to learn...

Tanel. Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 09:38:57 CDT