Re: sequence and OPS

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 1 Aug 2003 07:01:58 -0700

daud11_at_hotmail.com (Daud) wrote in message news:<f0bf3cc3.0307311846.77295260_at_posting.google.com>...
> What's the problem with using Oracle sequences in an OPS/RAC?
>
> thanks
> Daud

To my knowledge, and we have been running OPS since version 7.0, there are no serious problems using sequences in an OPS/RAC environment. You can get pinging on the seq$ table if you do not use cache, and you have two ranges of numbers that get consumed whenever you bounce an instance but other than that we haven't ran into any real problems up through version 8.1.7.4 nor have I seen any metalink posts for problems on 9+.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 09:01:58 CDT