Re: Howto do undo a default clause?

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:47:43 +0300

> *********** you don't get a string null you get a real null value. I'd
> suggest that if the value null is being converted to the string 'NULL' by
> the java generator then this is where it is going wrong. (assuming it is
> actually going wrong).

Hi!

I understand Nuno had problem with nulls in schema definitions, not data itself.

But yeah, I made the same tests as you did and it seems Oracle uses default values as results of functions, whether they are constants or reserved words like null, sysdate, user, etc..

I also tried putting user defined function in default clause, with no luck, even when I used restrict_references and wrapped my function into hextoraw system function which works great individually :(

Tanel. Received on Fri Aug 01 2003 - 08:47:43 CDT