Re: create table privilege to a user

From: Eric Parker <eric.parkerthedross_at_virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:01:30 +0100

"Francesco" <fmarchioniNIENTESPAM_at_libero.it> wrote in message news:NeoWa.218765$lK4.6397877_at_twister1.libero.it...
> Hi all,
> I have created a new tablespace and assigned it to a user as default
> tablespace. I can see that I cannot create tables on that tablespace
> unless a quota is assigned on the tablespace when I created the user.
> As I don't know how much quota do I have to assign a user, can I simply
> grant a privilege, instead ?
> Thanks a lot
> Francesco

Francesco

I'm assuming you're in some sort of development environment here. If you really don't know the user's tablespace requirements then either Grant them 'unlimited' on the new tablespace. The danger here is they could use up the tablespace completely.
or
Grant them an amount (say 10M) and keep increasing the quota when the user complains.
Try and monitor their space usage.

HTH eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly