jdbc-odbc thread problem in Oracle 9 with Apache ?

From: Andras Kovacs <andkovacs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2003 10:53:30 -0700

Hi,

We are having a currious issue on Oracle 9 with odbc-jdbc thread safety.
The platform is Windows 2000 adv + Tomcat (any flavour) + IIS + Oracle ( 8 and 9 )

We have an application running on this combination of technology. Sometimes Tomcat crashes without any trace. On Oracle 9 the application is not running at all. According to Tomcat the problem is jdbc-odbc of Oracle. Tomcat Bugs: #14142 + #4592. Apparently there is no fix. jdbc-odbc should not be used at all on Apache - Tomcat !! :(

I could do a surgery on the application to use the pure jdbc driver but that one doesn't support the connection time fail over.

Is there a work around here ? Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 12:53:30 CDT