Re: What if replication time exceeds replication interval?

From: Lucyna Witkowska <ypwitkow_at_nospamcyf-kr.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:31:48 +0000 (UTC)

Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

> | We have about 150 tables replicated by simple one-way snapshot
> | replication from snapshot logs on another machine. All snapshots are
> | in a refresh group with an interval of 20 minutes.
> |
> | What happens if the replication time exceeds 20 minutes? Continuous
> | refreshing? Errors?

> It's done with a database job, isn't it? Check DBA_JOBS. When a job
> *finishes* it calculates the next runtime using what is specified in the
> interval. So when interval is something like 'sysdate+20/(60*24)' the next
> refresh will be 20 minutes after the last refresh finished (and the job
> queue is checked again, based on job_queue_interval parameter when on V8i)

No, when a job *start* it calculates the next runtime. From the Replication Manual the interval must be greater than the length of time necessary to perform a refresh.
So what happens if the replication time exceeds 20 minutes? I think - continuous refreshing.

regards,
Lucyna Witkowska Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 02:31:48 CDT