triggers, sequence - need advice

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2003 18:35:37 -0700

We have an application which was running fine until our vendor install a bunch of triggers on all tables to 'capture' data into an intermediate table. From that table they have another process which will read and xfer to another database (their own database...not oracle) for reporting and other stuff. Now we are seeing some performance problems with all these triggers around. I would like to find out if there is anything that can be done to improve (lets just say I simply can't remove all those triggers...but I can rewrite to make them more efficient). One each table, they have 3 triggers (after insert/update/delete) to basically to the same thing....capture data and save in intermediate table. Would I see any improvement by combining the three triggers into just 1? When inserting data into the intermediate table they are using an oracle sequence for sort of ordering (same sequence for insert/update/delete from all tables). Should I change and use time instead?
Anything else I can look into...perhaps what is the better way of doing something like this?
Thanks! Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 20:35:37 CDT