Re: Import question

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:32:54 -0500

I do this all the time . I like to use parameter files and simple Bourne scripts. See below...

$ cat run_import_tables.sh
#!/bin/sh
#

rm -fr /tmp/named.pipe.for_import_tables
rm -fr run_imp.out1
rm -fr imp_tables.log

/etc/mknod /tmp/named.pipe.for_import_tables p

imp parfile=imp_tables.par > run_imp.out1 2>&1 &

uncompress -c < link_to_export_compressed_file > /tmp/named.pipe.for_import_tables

exit

.
.
.