Re: How cancel query through JDBC?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:23:45 +0200

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:08:41 GMT, "Randy Nichols" <randynichols_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Pardon if this is a repeat. I never saw answer to previous post.
>
>Is there a way to abort an Oracle 8i, 9 query that has been initiated via
>JDBC (for instance, if it is running too long)?
>
>-Randy Nichols

No, there isn't directly.
You can kill your query from a different session by issuing alter system kill session '<sid>,<serial#>', which you'll need to determine first of course from v$session. You can configure *profiles* to make sure your session is killed automatically when you reach a certain limit, and you can use resource manager to limit the resources your process is using.
But above all you would be recommended to write efficient queries.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 13:23:45 CDT