Re: What if replication time exceeds replication interval?

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:18:56 +0200

Bob Burgess <burgess_at_sympatico.ca> schreef in berichtnieuws df35b276.0307301121.6c813a15_at_posting.google.com...
| We have about 150 tables replicated by simple one-way snapshot
| replication from snapshot logs on another machine. All snapshots are
| in a refresh group with an interval of 20 minutes.
|
| What happens if the replication time exceeds 20 minutes? Continuous
| refreshing? Errors?
|
| Thanks,
| Bob Burgess

It's done with a database job, isn't it? Check DBA_JOBS. When a job *finishes* it calculates the next runtime using what is specified in the interval. So when interval is something like 'sysdate+20/(60*24)' the next refresh will be 20 minutes after the last refresh finished (and the job queue is checked again, based on job_queue_interval parameter when on V8i) Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 15:18:56 CDT