Re: Metalink down

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:35:37 +0200

Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net> schreef in berichtnieuws Xns93C882E6E3384chuckhsofthomenet_at_130.133.1.4...
| Is it just me or is Metalink down again? I guess I'll have to ask my
| question here.

| Is there a bug with the oracle 817 and 920 clients on Win2k when it comes
| to the TNS_ADMIN environment variable. It seems to be ignoring the setting
| in both version. I normally use this when I have multiple client installs
| to poing them all to one admin directory so I only have one to maintain.
| Both version are using their own local admin directories though. I've
tried
| setting TNS_ADMIN as an env. variable, and in the registry. It's ignoring
| it no matter where I put it.

It's up and running here!
No problems myself, running 817 on Windows 2000 and Windows XP with TNS_ADMIN
But you must set it in each HKLM\Software\Oracle\Home<n>, not HKLM\Software\Oracle. Could that be the problem? What tool is giving problems? Sqlplus must work. Toad has it's own mechanism choosing the home to use but when you click "Sqlnet Help" on the Oracle connections screen it shows you exactly what sqlnet files it will use for each home. Toad 7.3 and 7.5 are reading TNS_ADMIN in my experience. Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 12:35:37 CDT