Wierd crash after SQL_TRACE=true

From: Dale Ogilvie <g7v1xqe02_at_sneakemail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:53:09 +1200

Hi,

can anyone suggest a solution to this wierd problem? Our database is 9.2.0.1, on Win2000 Server SP3.

We have a windows app that calls our own stored proc that dequeues a message from an AQ using the dbms_aq package. Normally this app runs just fine. However, I wanted to do some profiling so I added "alter session set sql_trace=true" to an after logon trigger. With sql_trace true, when the app calls our stored proc an ORA-03113 is generated and the Oracle connection is dead. The .trc file in udump shows that the last thing that completed was the parse of the stored proc. There is no log file in bdump. Operations prior to this single stored proc call, including other stored proc calls (different package though), work fine, and log normally to the .trc file. I can duplicate this behaviour in sqlplus. I can exec this stored proc, but if I turn sql_trace on and try again - bang, ORA-03113. The stored procedure declaration looks something like this (I don't have it in front of me):

pkg_x.prc_deq( deq_timeout in number, y out number, z out varchar2 )

Any tips as to how to a) find out more as to why this is happening b) cure the problem so I can profile this call.

thanks

Dale Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 06:53:09 CDT