Re: Large Index organized tables: just a marketing feature ?! (for experts)

From: Andras Kovacs <andkovacs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2003 04:43:56 -0700

Oracle: 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.3 Entreprise Edition with partitionning OS: Windows 2000 Adv
Hardware: Proliant DL 380, well equiped

I know that Oracle has problems with IOTs on Solaris and Thru 64 since version 8.1.7.4. There is a know bug on that : 2974947. I have two Tars opened on this for Windows 2000 Adv. and version 9.2.0.3.

I have tried to load the data into the Index organized table with ordered and unordered input file. Both gives disastrous results. The load takes 8 hours and 36 min for 46 000 000 rows. I have a TAR opend on this too. The only advise that I got from Oracle is "Drop the index", "Drop the primary key". That looks stupid isn't ? I work very strong on this TAR but I think it will take time to have something at Oracle. Meanwhile I try this news group.

I am looking for somebody with hands on experience with IOT. Book doesn't count ...

Until now IOT feature looks very very ugly. This is the raison why I am asking if it is just a marketing feature. Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 06:43:56 CDT