Re: Deadlock on overflow segment !? (for experts)

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:24:28 +0100

Ora-04020 is a KGL deadlock, not a data deadlock, and can indicate an internal coding error on the part of the Oracle developers.

4020 deadlocks could appear with partitioned IOTs in earlier versions of 8.1 if you split two different partitions of the same partitioned IOT at the same time. Would this be consistent with your '2 or 3 times per day' ?

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

____Finland__September 22nd - 24th
____Norway___September 25th - 26th