Missing Component

From: Christmas <achristmas_at_woh.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:21:13 GMT

When installing the 9iAS infrastructure, everything installs just fine, however when the configuration part of the install starts creating the database with the DBCA , I get the following error: ORA-2084 - DATABASE NAME IS MISSING A COMPONENT
Oracle support is trying to help, but we still are getting the error. We have rechecked and rechecked the server , the server name and the host file. Oracle Support has asked me to do several things, but I am still getting this error. They said that it could be a character in our domain or machine name. I asked what specific characters and they could not answer this question...

My question is: Has anyone experience this error when installing a database on Sun Solaris 64 bit machine and if you did can you tell me how you resolved the problem.

Thanks
Anita Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 19:21:13 CDT