Import question

From: nilanjan <nilanjan_sarkar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2003 16:58:24 -0700

I am trying to import just one table from an export file which has the entire schema with a lot of other stuff, and since the file is big in size more than the OS limit, it has been compressed. But I am running into an error trying to read from the unix pipe during import. The import waits for a while and then reports unexpected end-of-file.

So here is what I am doing :

mkfifo $DBEXPORT/temp_fifo_import
uncompress > $DBEXPORT/temp_fifo_import < $DBEXPORT/big_export.dmp.Z & import user/pass tables=xyz file=$DBEXPORT/temp_fifo_import &

Pl let me know if you have used any of these similar methods to import and any resolution... Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 18:58:24 CDT