Re: performance of recreate oracle user Vs drop objects

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:42:35 +0300

Hi!

If you only import data and the data structure remains the same, you could just truncate tables and load data into them. But it has it's own problems, if you are importing large data sets, then load is slower because indexes already exist on table (import creates indexes after data load). Also you might have constraint issues (might have to disable them prior to load).

If you don't want to mess around with above then the preferred method for me would be dropping all the objects under a user. But (there's always a but) if you're very lazy, then it's easier to drop user with cascade and recreate it, instead of creating a script for dropping all objects.

Tanel.