Re: 8i/9i cross version sqlplus connection problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:18:18 +0200

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:25:14 +0200, Ulrich Gayer <ugayer_at_gmx.de> wrote:

>My problem is that I don't manage to connect to the 9i db *without
>password* using a Oracle 8 sqlplus or vice versa. I use the Unix user
>"oracle", member of groups "oinstall" (primary group) and "dba"
>(secondary group)
>
>Is this possible at all?

Is there any reason you can't/don't want to/want to be smart to set your environment correctly using oraenv before connecting to sql*plus?

Why on earth do you want to use oracle 8 sqlplus to connect internal to Oracle 9 *if you have oracle 9 sqlplus*

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 13:18:18 CDT