Re: Where is the object (DBLINK) suffix come from?

From: Kin Ng <kin_ng5_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2003 09:23:00 -0700

> Are you sure you are checking the init<sid>.ora on the target server, not on the 'calling' one?
> It is the global_names setting on the remote server that controls things.

According to this:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/ds_admin.htm#20696

and actual experience, it is the local global_name that controls the dblink's domain. This is strange as usually dblink links to another domain. But that's how it works. But you can name your dblink anyway you want as long as it has a domain name. The problem in my case is my destination DB has no domain name and I can't make my dblink name without a domain name. Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:23:00 CDT