how does oracle apply rollback?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 29 Jul 2003 05:12:23 -0700

Does Oracle do a high level 'update' statement between the rollback data and the table. I would think that this would not be possible since rollback is stored differently.

what about redo? Or what about when you do an 'online' index rebuild, someone else updates and when complete you need to apply the changes.

anyone know how the algorithms differ from a generic update statement?

I dont need to know. Im just curious. Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 07:12:23 CDT