getting java internal version using SQL query

From: barry <bbulsara23_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Jul 2003 01:20:15 -0700

Hi, is there a way of getting the internal JVM details from within Oracle, details similar to what is shown below when I type "java -version" from the command line.

I can't seem to find the information in the Oracle docs, although I'm sure it's there and I'm just using the wrong search key, or in Kytes book (DBMS_JAVA, pages 1050-1058). I'm looking for something like (the query below is hypothetical).

SQL> SELECT * FROM V$JAVA; Thank you
Barry

C:\test>
C:\test>java -version
java version "1.3.1_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.1_02-b02) OJVM Client VM (build 9.0.3.738 cdov, Copyright (c) 1998-2002 Oracle Corp., nojit)

C:\test>
C:\test>
C:\test>