Re: Intermedia Text in 8.1.7.4

From: Thomas Troendlin <thomas.troendlin_at_kstm.sbs.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 06:46:38 GMT

Hi

Thanks a lot,

exept the R_TABLE_CLAUSE statement it looks similar to the doc from oracle. This "LOB(DATA) STORE AS EMP_R$_LOB_SEGMENT"-part where can I get more information about this statement ?

It seems that it´s not possible to create more than 1 index (of the type ctxsys) within this datastore. If I try to create another one with the PARAMETER ('storage datastore lexer mylexer) clause the following errormessage occurs:

ORA-29855: Fehler bei Ausführung der Routine ODCIINDEXCREATE
ORA-20000: interMedia Text-Fehler:
DRG-50857: oracle error in drixtab.create_index_tables
ORA-00955: Es gibt bereits ein Objekt mit diesem Namen
ORA-06512: in "CTXSYS.DRUE", Zeile 126
ORA-06512: in "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", Zeile 78
ORA-06512: in Zeile 1

Sorry for the german errormessages but I think the ORA-00955 is the
one which counts -> 'Name is already used by an existing object' .

I can set up a new datastore called DATASTORE_1 with the same I, K, R, N, I, P -clauses but the errormessage is the same. The next try was to set up an DATASTORAGE without the R_CLAUSE and it works, but with the disadvantage that the data is not stored in the tablespace i wanted to, and the query performance is very poor.

Maybe the only solution is to migrate to 9i ?

Thanks Received on Tue Jul 29 2003 - 01:46:38 CDT