Re: 'drop tablespace' produces a file/table lock??

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 22:52:54 -0700

"Noons" <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam> wrote

> The way it was explained to me was that Oracle did
> just that (hold the file handle) until 9i, where
> this "feature" was deprecated...

That will explain some of the confusion in this thread. The OP is using 8.1.7 and not 9i.

> dunno, will have to dig out my C stuff to check.
> Did this ages ago and found the problem in NT4.

Or maybe it is what I've always thought.. that C simply sucks. ;-)

> > PS. Sheez, you almost got as badly trashed as us on Saturday by the
> > All Blacks... Are they just that good or are our teams that bad? :-)
>
> I'll be buggered if I know what the heck
> is happenning with out muchachos.
> Going this way they might as well take up
> knitting, or something less violent...
> Mind you, the Blacks are playing very
> good!

Yeah.. scoring their two biggest wins against their biggest archrivals in two successive weekends. They are pretty darn good. I would love to see them go up against England right now. That would be a humdinger match.

--
Billy