Re: Oracle 8i performance problem since Migration

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:58:45 GMT

rfbas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since our migraion from oracle 8.0.5 to oracle 8i we have serious
> performance problems. I dont see any thing !
>
> Could some one tell me the reasons that could cause this problem ?
>
> Or what do i have to check ?
>
> Or at least tell me were can i find documents on migration problems ?
>
> Thank u

I had one customer who did the migration & complained about severe performance problems. Turned out running the catalog.sql during the upgrade had failed. You might want to check that first (eg: complete review of your upgrade logs, if you haven't had the oppoetungty to do so yet!)

Then, perhaps ypi could indicate the version of 8i you're at now. The term 8i spans a few releases and patch sets.

HTH Received on Mon Jul 28 2003 - 19:58:45 CDT