Re: Need SQL Server Temp Table equivalent (challenge!)

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:23:58 GMT

I agree with you too!!!

"I have to agree with Galen on this. A model has to model the real world, not some abstract view of it. Ultimate flexibility comes at a price that is often higher than a less flexible solution."

There is ultimate flexibility for your data model. That is the relational model in and of itself. But the implementation of that model when it comes to modelling entities and relationships is where we start to lose the ultimate flexibility. We go from being extremely flexible to modelling real worlds objects and their interactions.

Cheers,
Brian

Galen Boyer wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, kfarrell_at_belgariad.com wrote:
>
> > I have to agree with Galen on this.
>
> Yeah!!! Somebody actually agreed with me on the usenet
> landscape. :-)
>
> --
> Galen Boyer

Brian Peasland