dropping analyze objects from data dictionary

From: amani <amanclark_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 28 Jul 2003 08:10:45 -0700

I have an Oracle 8.1.7 Database running on a Windows 2000 server which, although it is medium sized at best, is and has been running slowly. I have noted that there are scheduled tasks running including an Analyze script which analyzes every schema, including SYS and SYSTEM. I've read that doing this can cause performance to fall significantly and cause problems. While there have been no huge problems so far, Would stopping the scripts analyzing the SYS and SYSTEM schema's give a potential increase in performance? If so, how would I drop the existing analysis data from the data dictionary? (I'm not yet very competent/confident at sql)

Thanks for any help. Received on Mon Jul 28 2003 - 10:10:45 CDT